Person- and Family-Centred Care
Person- and Family-Centred Care (PFCC) refers to working together with our clients, patients, residents, and their families to improve health care.
Download Person and Family Advisor expression of interest form
What is PFCC?
PFCC is a philosophy of care that ensure client, patients, residents, and families are equal partners in planning, developing, monitoring, and evaluating care to make sure it meets their needs. In PFCC, the word person refers to clients, patients, and residents who use the services of Western Health.
PFCC fosters care that is respectful, compassionate, culturally-safe, and competent. PFCC considers the needs, values, beliefs, and preferences of clients, patients, residents, and their family members, and it works in partnership with them to develop appropriate solutions to ensure their values are reflected in clinical decisions.
Read our FAQ's for more information.
We are committed to partnering with clients, patients, residents, and families to improve care!
We want to build on our successes, and we will continue to foster partnerships with clients, patients, residents, and families to work on our mutual goal of providing the best possible care with the resources we have available to us.
The values of PFCC at Western Health include the following:
- Dignity and Respect: We listen to and honour the client, patient, resident, and family views and choices. The client, patient, resident, and family member knowledge, values, beliefs, and cultural backgrounds are respected and considered in everything we do.
- Information Sharing: We share complete unbiased information with clients, patients, residents, and families to help them participate in their care.
- Partnership and Participation: Clients, patients, residents, and families are encouraged and supported to participate in their care and decision-making.
- Collaboration: Clients, patients, residents, and families work together with health-care providers in planning and decision making for their health care.
Western Health is recruiting clients, patients, residents, and family members to volunteer to:
- Provide insight and advice that is relevant to and based on patient, family member, and caregiver experience within the last two years;
- Make a two-year voluntary commitment;
- Provide input into the provision of services within the program and participating in a variety of ways to improve health-care delivery, such as new policies, facility planning, and client surveys;
- Attend scheduled meetings in person or via teleconference.
Those interested in volunteering as a PFCC Advisor should complete a Person and Family Advisor expression of interest form. For more information and to submit form, please contact Mariel Parcon, Regional Director of Planning and Performance at email@example.com.