- The fee for road ambulance is $115. There is also a $50 escort fee associated with ambulance services when it is medically required that an escort accompanies the client.
- An Air Ambulance fee of $135 is charged to a client that is transported as a result of an approved air ambulance medevac.
- If a client requires medical assistance by the ambulance personnel then refuses transportation or is deemed not to require road ambulance transport by medical authorities, a user fee ($115) is applicable.
Persons not Covered by the Provincial Program
Workers’ Compensation Cases
Members of the Canadian Armed Forces
- Western Health will bill the client or organization for the entire cost associated with the ambulance service.
- The fees for road ambulance services for patients not covered under the provincial program are as follows:
Ambulance Base Rate - $125 Administration Fee per trip
Kilometer rate - $1.84 per kilometer
User Fee - $115
- Please note the number of kilometers charged is based on the complete trip which is from where it begins to where it ends (base to base).
- Clients will receive two bills: one from the service provider for the user fee, and one from Western Health for the ambulance base rate and the kilometer rate.
- If air travel is required, clients will be billed for the full cost of air ambulance transport.
- Failure to resolve outstanding accounts with Western Health will result in a referral to a Collection Agency.
All fees listed are subject to change.