The new Canada’s Food Guide aims to strengthen healthy eating recommendations and provide guidance in ways that are relevant and useful to the public.
The new Guide is intended to be a web-based and mobile-friendly resource. You can find a printer-friendly Food Guide Snapshot here.
Nutrition is important for everyone. When combined with being physically active, eating well is an excellent way to help your body stay strong and healthy. Healthy eating means choosing a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy. These nutrients include protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals.
Western Health Healthy Eating Programs and Resources:
- Veggies & Fruit
- Affordable Healthy Eating
- Healthy Lunch and Snack Ideas
- Using The Nutrition Facts Table % Daily Value
- Putting Health on the Agenda- A Model Policy for Healthy Meetings and Events
- Plant-based Proteins (New)
- Basic Food Shelf (New)
- Meal Planning in 4 Steps (New)