The Laboratory personnel at Western Health are dedicated to our clients, patients and medical staff. We strive to give healthcare providers pertinent medical data in a timely, accurate, and meaningful manner, to ensure the best possible care for all patients.
Western Health provides laboratory services in specific divisions such as Procurement (Blood Collection), Pathology, Cytology/Histology, Hematology, Coagulation, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Immunochemistry, and Microbiology
- A requisition from a nurse practitioner or physician is required.
- MCP or other provincial healthcare cards must be presented upon registration.
- An appointment is required for blood collection
Please call (709) 634-0679 or toll free via 1-833-459-0873 to book an appointment at:
- Western Memorial Health Clinic
- Deer Lake Medical Clinic
- Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital
- LeGrow Health Centre
To book and appointment for blood collection at other sites, please call:
- Bonne Bay Health Centre, (709) 458-2211, ext. 200
- Calder Health Centre (709) 886-3350 ext. 4130
- Rufus Guinchard Health Centre (709) 861-3139 ext. 4210
We ask that patients have their MCP available at time of booking.
All specimens submitted to the laboratory must have a requisition and the specimen must be labeled with the patients name, MCP # or Healthcare #, as well as date and time of collection.
Requisitions must be properly completed by the physician’s office before a patient will be registered for specimen collection. Patients will be referred back to their physician/nurse practitioner in situations when the requisition is not properly completed.
The following information must be included on the requisition:
- Patient’s first and last name
- Healthcare number (i.e. MCP)
- Physician’s name and address
- Dated and signed by physician/nurse practitioner
- Required testing
Laboratory services are available throughout the Western region at specific sites. Please refer to individual sites for hours of operation and contact information.