The Laboratory personnel at Western Health are dedicated to our clients, patients and medical staff. We strive to give healthcare providers pertinent medical data in a timely, accurate, and meaningful manner, to ensure the best possible care for all patients.
Western Health provides laboratory services in specific divisions such as Procurement (Blood Collection), Pathology, Cytology/Histology, Hematology, Coagulation, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Immunochemistry, and Microbiology
- No appointment is necessary for Procurement (Blood Collection) services.
- A requisition from a nurse practitioner or physician is required.
- MCP or other provincial healthcare cards must be presented upon registration.
All specimens submitted to the laboratory must have a requisition and the specimen must be labeled with the patients name, MCP # or Healthcare #, as well as date and time of collection.
Requisitions must be properly completed by the physician’s office before a patient will be registered for specimen collection. Patients will be referred back to their physician/nurse practitioner in situations when the requisition is not properly completed.
The following information must be included on the requisition:
- Patient’s first and last name
- Healthcare number (i.e. MCP)
- Physician’s name and address
- Dated and signed by physician/nurse practitioner
- Required testing
Laboratory services are available throughout the Western region at specific sites. Please refer to individual sites for hours of operation and contact information.