The Pre-Admission Clinic (PAC) prepares you and your family for your elective surgery in advance of your hospital admission.
Location: 2nd Floor, Western Memorial Regional Hospital
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Contact: 709-637-5000 extension 5231 for general information.
Appointments are arranged through the attending surgeon's office.
The PAC is staffed by nurses who will coordinate your care and provide education. You may need to have blood tests, ECG (Electrocardiogram) or an X-Ray. You may also need to consult with other health care professionals, such as the Anesthesiologist.
The following Satellite Pre-Admission Program in our region allows you to access these services closer to your home:
- Rufus Guinchard Health Care Centre, Port Saunders. Contact: 709-861-3139
- Dr. Charles L. Legrow Health Care Centre, Port aux Basques. Contact: 709-695-4597
- Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital, Stephenville, Contact: 709-643-5111 extension 7217
- Calder Health Care Centre, Burgeo
- Bonne Bay Health Centre, Bonne Bay. Contact: 709-458-2211 ext. 200
What to bring to your appointment:
- Bring your MCP card.
- All of your medications with the original bottles. Please include any vitamin or herbal supplements.
- Family member should accompany you to assist with your medical history.