Potential COVID-19 Exposure Notification in the Western Health Region
As part of a Public Health investigation in the Western Health region, anyone who visited the locations on the dates and times listed below is asked to arrange COVID-19 testing.
The businesses have been notified and Public Health thanks them for their cooperation.
- WestGate Pub, 96 West St, Corner Brook
December 21, from 6:00 to 6:30 p.m.
- Bay St. George YMCA, 383 Massachusetts Drive, Stephenville
December 27, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
People who visited these locations are advised to seek testing according to the recommendation below. Residents in the Corner Brook area do not need to complete an online referral or call 811 in advance, they can go to the walk-in testing site at Corner Brook Civic Centre Studio between 8:45 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. To arrange testing at all other sites, please complete the online self-assessment and referral tool available here or call 811.
People who visited this location and currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to isolate until 24 hours after their symptoms resolve and they receive a negative test result. People who visited this location and do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. While awaiting their test result, they should monitor for symptoms and isolate should any symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.