Potential COVID-19 Exposure Notification in the Western Health Region
As part of a Public Health investigation in the Western Health region, anyone who visited the locations on the dates and times listed below is asked to arrange COVID-19 testing.
The businesses have been notified and Public Health thanks them for their cooperation.
- Connection Café, 8 Mount Bernard Ave, Corner Brook
Dec. 3, from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Best Coast Restaurant, 55 West St, Corner Brook
Dec. 10, from 6:45 to 9:00 p.m.
Dec. 11, from 8:30 to 10:00 p.m.
(This is a correction from Dec 19 notification which stated Hew and Draw)
- Corner Brook Civic Center, 1 Canada Games Dr, Corner Brook
General Skate Dec. 12, from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Williams Building Supply, 68 Wights Rd, Deer Lake
Dec. 14-17 inclusive, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Forever Young Fitness Center, 1 Canada Games Dr, Corner Brook
Dec. 13, from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Shoppers Drug Mart- Millbrook Mall, 2 Herald Ave, Corner Brook
Dec. 17, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Dec. 18, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Subway, 52A Broadway, Corner Brook
Dec. 17, from 12:00 to 12:30 p.m.
People who visited these locations are advised to seek testing according to the recommendation below. To arrange testing, complete the online self-assessment and referral tool available here or call 811.
People who visited this location and currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to isolate until 24 hours after their symptoms resolve and they receive a negative test result. People who visited this location and do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. While awaiting their test result, they should monitor for symptoms and isolate should any symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.