Services Available for Southwest Coast Residents
Western Health is advising that there is support available for residents of the southwest coast impacted by post tropical storm Fiona.
All scheduled appointments provided by Western Health on the southwest coast will be proceeding this week. If you have a scheduled appointment and are unable to keep it, you will be able to reschedule. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Western Health Fiona Response Line at 1-833-920-0096, which is available daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Western Health has a team on the ground to meet the needs of residents given the significant impact of post tropical storm Fiona. Mental health support and access to other health services, such as medication, home support and special equipment is available. To access this support please call 1-833-920-0096.
It is normal for residents to be experiencing strong and unpleasant emotional and physical responses following a traumatic event. If you require support, we encourage you to reach out to any of the available mental health supports:
· 811 Health Line - If you are experiencing a mental health and addiction emergency, need support, or are looking for health information, call 811.
· Mental Health and Addictions office, 695-6250, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
· Provincial Lifewise Warm Line - Non-emergency, non-crisis telephone support and referral service by trained peer support workers from 9 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week – 1-855-753-2560.
· Bridge the gapp - Offers self-help resources and links to local services: https://nl.bridgethegapp.ca/adult/
· Provincial Mental Health and Addictions Systems Navigator - A central point of contact for individuals and families in need of assistance with navigating mental health and addictions services, 1-877-999-7589, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
· Wellness Together Canada is a national website developed during the pandemic to provide mental health and substance use support to Canadians. You can visit www.wellnesstogether.ca to access counselling 24/7 or call 1-866-585-0445.
· Crisis Text Line – Text Wellness to 741741 to speak with a trained, volunteer crisis responder.