Affordable Housing for Seniors (Cottages)
Western Health maintains Cottage/Apartment units which are designed for individuals capable of independent living. Services to the units are limited to maintenance, lawn mowing and snow clearing.
Each unit is furnished with a washer, dryer, fridge, stove, and hand railings in the washroom. Tenants must supply all other necessary furnishings for themselves.
- Be able to live independently
- Be 60 years of age and retired from the workforce or involuntarily retired from the workforce and at least 50 years of age
- Have an annual income of less than $32,500 (combined if there is a co-applicant)
Completed applications will include an Option C printout from Revenue Canada. Applications are placed on the waitlist based on the date we receive the completed application.
It is our belief that:
- Individuals should remain in their community environment as long as possible so as greater independence and control over their lives may be obtained.
- The promotion of healthy lifestyles will enhance quality of living and prevent inappropriate admissions to health care facilities.
- Every person has the right to live in an environment which promotes personal independence, self-reliance, freedom of choice, and respect for person's individuality and beliefs.
- A home-like environment where the individual is provided the opportunity to pursue his/her former lifestyle enhances the quality of life.
* All Cottages/Apartments are smoke-free.
The monthly rent for tenants varies between $460 - $570 depending on the size and location of the unit. Utilities are the responsibility of the tenants. Six months’ notice will be given for any rental adjustments. Limited units are based on 25% of the tenant’s monthly income.
Interfaith Cottages, 92 units, Corner Brook
Shamrock Crescent, 12 units, Corner Brook
Bay St. George Cottages, 38 units, Stephenville Crossing
Gateway Cottages, 20 units, Port aux Basques
Gateway Apartments, 21 units, Port aux Basques
Western Health Cottages & Apartments
P.O. Box 2005
Corner Brook, NL A2H 6J7
Tel: (709) 784-5235
Fax: (709) 637-5030