Dr. Charles L. LeGrow Health Centre
Dr. Charles L. LeGrow Health Centre is located in the town of Port aux Basques, Gateway to Newfoundland and provides Primary, Secondary, and Long Term Care services to the Southwest coast for a population of 9000. It has been recognized both provincially and nationally as a Primary Health Care Centre that provides service through an interdisciplinary team approach.
The centre is a 44 bed facility with an allocation of:
- 30 Long Term Care beds
- 14 Acute Care beds
The health services provided include:
- Medical Services
- Nursing Services
- Emergency Care Services (24 hr Coverage)
- Ambulatory Care Services including Chemotherapy and Dialysis
- Laboratory & Diagnostic (including ultrasound)
- Recreation Therapy & Outreach
- Social Work
- Occupational Therapy
- Pharmacy Services
- Speech/Language Pathology
- Clinical Dietitian
- Telehealth consultation
- Adult Day Support Program
- Support Services (Housekeeping, Maintenance, Dietary, Medical Records, Accounting, Material Management)
- Gift Shop
- Pastoral Care
The health centre also operates three medical clinics at:
- Rose Blanche
- La Poile
Under the Auspice of the centre there is affordable housing for seniors adjacent to the site that consists of twenty one cottages and a twenty one unit apartment building.
Download the What to Expect When Visiting the Emergency Department (Rural Health) brochure.
Download the Family Presence-Rural Health Centres brochure.
Download the Family Presence Guidelines Long Term Care brochure.