Paramedicine and Medical Transport is a division of Western Health's Medical Services Branch and are responsible for operations of all regional ambulance services. The program is responsible for operational activities relating to emergency ambulance response and inter-facility transport.
The Regional Paramedicine & Medical Transport Office
Phone: 709-784-4023 / 709-784-5035
Road ambulance services are delivered by a combination of providers including the Regional Health Facilities.
The air ambulance service includes the provincial medical flight program (specialized air ambulance services operated provincially) and private air ambulance charter (Fixed Wing and Helicopter).
Goals of the Division are:
- Reduce death and disability from injury and illness for all persons within the Western Regional Integrated Health Authority's service area.
- Provide appropriate care and transport services in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Provide effective and efficient Emergency Medical Services.
- Provide effective and efficient inter-facility and routine transfers of all patients/residents/clients.
- Provide educational activities directed toward health maintenance, prevention and treatment of injury/illness.
Regional Road Ambulance Providers
- Cape St George Ambulance Service, 709-644-2222
- Cow Head Ambulance Service, 709-243-2520
- Daniel's Harbor Ambulance Service, 709-898-2111
- Deer Lake Ambulance Service, 709-635-3020
- Hampden Ambulance Service, 709-455-4444
- Jackson's Arm Ambulance Service, 709-459-4100
- Jeffrey's Ambulance Service, 709-645-2300
- Lourdes Ambulance Service, 709-643-5300
- Mackenzie's Ambulance Service - Port Aux Basques, Codroy Region, 709-695-2405
- Tryco Ambulance Service - Trout River/Woody Point, 709-453-2048
- Tryco Ambulance Services - Rocky Harbour/Norris Point, 709-458-3444
- Reliable Ambulance Service - Corner Brook, Bay of Islands, 709-634-2235
- Reliable Ambulance Service - Burgeo, 709-634-2235
- Rufus Guinchard Ambulance Service - Port Saunders, 709-861-3139
- Russell's Ambulance Service - Stephenville, 709-643-2472
- Western Memorial Regional Hospital Ambulance Service - Corner Brook, Bay of Islands, 709-637-5000
View a copy of Western Health's brochure on Ambulance Services
College of the North Atlantic http://www.cna.nl.ca/
Paramedic Association of Newfoundland and Labrador http://www.panl.ca/