Governance/Board of Trustees
Western Health's Board of Trustees work closely with the President and Chief Executive Officer, who is responsible for the leadership of staff, physicians, and other stakeholders who together deliver essential health and community services to people living in the Western region, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
Western Health is governed by a maximum of an 18 member Board appointed by the Minister of Health and Community Services, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
The roles and responsibilities of regional health board members are defined by the Regional Health Authorities Act, Hospitals Act, Public Health Act, Nursing Home Act and the Accountability and Transparency Act.
- Dr. Tom Daniels - Corner Brook
- Brian Hudson - Pasadena
- David Kennedy - Port Saunders
- Sonia Lovell - Sop's Arm
- Tom O'Brien (Acting Chair) - Stephenville
- Richard Parsons - Deer Lake
- Sheldon Peddle - Corner Brook
- Ralph Rice - Pasadena
- Colin Short - Port aux Basques
- Regina Warren - Corner Brook
Contact the Board of Trustees
The President and Chief Executive Officer of Western Health is Dr. Susan Gillam. The President and CEO is appointed by the Western Health Board of Trustees to achieve the goals and objectives set by the Board.
The Senior Executive reports directly to the President and CEO and provides overall direction to key areas of the organization.
Western Health’s Senior Executive is:
- Dr. Susan Gillam, President/Chief Executive Officer
- Cynthia Davis, Vice President - Patient Services
- Devon Goulding, Vice President - Finance and Support Services and Chief Financial Officer
- Donna Hicks, Vice President - Information and Quality (acting)
- Michelle House, Vice President - Population Health and Human Resources
- Catherine McDonald, Vice President - Health Protection and Professional Practice, Chief Nursing Officer
- Kelli O’Brien, Vice President - Long Term Care and Rural Health
- Dr. Dennis Rashleigh - Vice President - Medical Services
- Tara J. Pye, Regional Director of Communications (acting)
For more information about the Board of Trustees or Senior Executive, please contact:
Caroline Wall, Executive Secretary, Western Health at 709-637-5245.
Or email email@example.com
Corporate Office, 1 Brookfield Avenue, Corner Brook, NL, A2H 6J7