Western Health Updates on Services Restored
Western Health is providing an update about the IT systems outage which will continue to impact a number of health-related services for Thursday and Friday November 11 and 12, 2021. We recognize the impact on residents in the region and apologize for the inconvenience.
Western Health is pleased to announce the resumption of many of its services. We continue to work diligently with the Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information (NLCHI), to assess the situation and work toward restoring full functionality to IT systems.
The following services will be resuming regular operations effective Thursday Nov 11, 2021:
- Medical Imaging services will resume a regular schedule at all sites in our region. All previously booked Medical Imaging appointments for Thursday and Friday of this week will proceed.
- Blood collection services will resume a regular schedule at all sites in our region. All previously booked blood collection appointments for Thursday and Friday of this week will proceed. There are some tests which require samples to be processed in Eastern Health region, and those appointments will need to be rescheduled due to no courier service available on the Remembrance Day Holiday. You will be advised at registration if your appointment needs to be rescheduled depending upon the type of test required. Please bring your paper requisition with you (if you were provided with one) to your appointment.
- For both Medical Imaging and Blood Collection services, Western Health will endeavor to contact all individuals to remind them of these appointments.
- Starting Monday, November 15, all appointments Medical Imaging and Blood Collection services will proceed as previously scheduled. Patients will not be contacted to remind them of these appointments.
For Friday, November 12, the following services will be resuming:
- A number of appointment and procedure-based services will resume regular schedules at all sites in our region. All previously booked appointments and procedures for Friday of this week will proceed with the exception of endoscopy, interventional pain and outpatient EKG. Western Health will endeavor to contact all individuals to remind patients of with appointments that are proceeding.
- Patients are advised to answer unknown telephone numbers as it may be your health-care team calling to schedule an appointment.
Please note that automated notifications for reminders of appointments are not being issued at this time.
Once services are completely restored, Western Health will be in contact with all clients impacted by the service reduction to identify new appointment times. However, if you have questions or concerns you may call the temporary patient inquiries line at 1-833-879-0390.
If you require emergency services, please call 911 or proceed to your nearest Emergency Department.
Updates will be provided as information is available on Western Health’s website (www.westernhealth.nl.ca) and social media pages (Facebook and Twitter).
We kindly ask for your patience as many services may experience unavoidable delays caused by paper-based systems.