Potential COVID-19 Exposure Notifications in the Western Health Region
As part of a Public Health investigation in the Western Health region, anyone who visited the locations on the dates and times listed below is asked to arrange COVID-19 testing. The businesses have been notified and Public Health thanks them for their cooperation.
- Louis Gee’s Pizza, 70 West St, Corner Brook on Saturday, October 16 from 12:45 p.m. to 1:30 pm.
- Branch 38 Royal Canadian Legion, 5-9 Steel Mountain Road, St. George’s on Saturday, October 2 from 8:00 p.m. to Sunday, October 3, 1:30 a.m.
People who visited these locations are advised to seek testing according to the recommendation below. To arrange testing, complete the online self-assessment and referral tool available here or call 811.
People who visited these locations and currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to isolate until 24 hours after their symptoms resolve and they receive a negative test result. People who visited these locations and do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. While awaiting their test result, they should monitor for symptoms and isolate should any symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.