Precautionary Measures Implemented for St. George’s- Stephenville- Port au Port area
Western Health is implementing precautionary measures as a result of the St. George’s- Stephenville- Port au Port area moving to Alert Level 4:
· Visitation at Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital, Bay St. George Long Term Care Centre, Emile Benoit House, and personal care homes will be limited to one designated person for each patient and resident. If you require clarification, have questions or concerns, please contact the facility.
· Laboratory and Medical Imaging at STRH will provide urgent and emergent appointments only. The department will contact each patient to advise if appointment is proceeding or cancelled.
· All other appointments/services offered by Western Health staff in this area will proceed either in person or virtually unless you are contacted by the department. Individuals will be contacted to advise if there are any changes to their appointment. Vaccination clinics will continue in the area.
· If a patient or client from the area impacted by Alert 4 has a procedure in another part of the region, their appointment/service will proceed unless they are contacted.
· At this time, there are no restrictions in place to eliminate travel within the area or within the region for essential services like vaccination appointments or other in person medical appointments for people who reside in the St. George’s- Stephenville- Port au Port area.
Everyone is reminded to follow public health measures including wearing masks, staying home when sick and supporting employees to do the same, practicing good hand hygiene, staying home as much as possible unless necessary for work and other essential activities, and following provincial public health requirements and recommendations. As well, individuals aged 12 and older are encouraged to book an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine if they have not already received it (book an appointment here).