COVID-19 Vaccination Available for Individuals who Travel Outside the Province for Work
Western Health is now inviting individuals who travel outside the province for work including rotational workers, truck drivers, flight crew, and Marine Atlantic crew, to book appointments for COVID-19 vaccination.
Vaccinations are available by appointment only. To book an appointment in the Western Health region:
1. Click the following link, or copy and paste the link into the address bar of your internet browser: https://portal.healthmyself.net/nlwesternhealth/forms/lgA
(using google chrome if possible)
2. Complete the eligibility questionnaire and consent
3. Select your preferred location as follows:
- If you are not in self isolation, or if you are in modified self isolation AND have a negative day 7-9 COVID test you are able to book at any available clinic location
- If you are still self isolating, you must select a clinic that specifies Self Isolation Workers ONLY
Self Isolation Vaccination Clinics will be offered in the following locations:
- Port Aux Basques, Lions Club
- Burgeo, Lions Club
- Stephenville, Lions Club
- Corner Brook, Valley Mall
- Deer Lake, Hodder Memorial Stadium
- Norris Point, Town Hall
- Port aux Choix, Lions Club
If there are no appointments at your preferred location, you may check back at a later time as clinics will be updated regularly. Vaccination in self isolation clinics will be “drive up” and will take place outside vaccination clinics or inside the individual’s car. Individuals with appointments should proceed to the vaccination site at their scheduled appointment time where they will be greeted by parking security who will provide instructions.
You should not schedule an appointment for a vaccine if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Instead, complete a COVID-19 Assessment and referral here.
While waiting for your opportunity for vaccination, and after vaccination, it is important for everyone to continue to follow public health guidance to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your communities including:
- Wearing a mask in public
- Washing your hands frequently
- Respecting public health guidance on gatherings, travel and quarantine
- Completing the online self-assessment at?www.811healthline.ca or calling 811 if you are experiencing one or more symptoms of COVID-19 to arrange testing.
Western Health will continue to communicate as additional vaccine information becomes available and more clinics are set up. For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, please visit Health Canada. For up-to-date information on the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.