Newfoundland and Labrador Health Services Provides Update on Masking Requirements
In line with provincial guidelines, Newfoundland and Labrador Health Services advises the public of updates to masking requirements at health-care facilities across the province. In addition, the public is reminded that self-screening for COVID-19/respiratory illness remains in effect and anyone who is feeling unwell or sick should not visit clients/patients/residents.
- Masking is no longer required for clients, patients, residents, visitors/support persons upon entry and inside health-care facilities, pending they meet the self-screening requirements. Individuals who are symptomatic (i.e. experiencing any one or more symptoms of COVID-19 or respiratory symptoms) are required to wear a mask upon entry and while inside the health-care facility. Please note that visitors/support persons who are feeling unwell or sick should not visit patients/residents or accompany others to appointments.
- Masks continue to be available at health-care facilities across the province. Individuals who would like to continue to wear a mask are encouraged to do so.
- Individuals can wear their own medical mask or a mask provided at the health-care facility.
- Visitors/support persons who meet the screening requirements are also asked to consider the safety of those you are visiting. It can be especially important to wear a mask if you are around others who are at risk of more severe disease and outcomes, including those with chronic conditions, compromised immune systems and older adults.
Visitation and screening:
- Visitors/support persons are directed to not visit a health-care facility if they are experiencing COVID-19, flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Visitors/support persons are directed to follow signage at health-care facilities and must meet the self-screening requirements before proceeding inside the health-care facility. In addition, visitors/support persons can complete self-screening prior to arrival at the facility by visiting the below webpages for their respective area/zone.
Western Zone (formerly Western Health)