Visitor Restrictions Update
Western Memorial Regional Hospital
Visitors are no longer restricted at Western Memorial Regional Hospital, except on the following units:
- 3A and 3B Medicine Units
- ALC (Third Floor)
Patients on these units may have one designated visitor visit them in hospital.
Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital
Visitors restrictions remain on the Medicine and Surgical Units at Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital, Exceptions may be made in extenuating circumstances. Family members of patients are asked to call the unit to inquire about visiting:
- Surgical Unit, 643-3111, Ext. 7231
- Medicine Unit, 643-3111, Ext. 7232
Corner Brook Long Term Care Home
As visitors restrictions remain at Corner Brook Long Term Care Home, visitors are not permitted at this time. Exceptions may be made in extenuating circumstances and family members are asked to call the unit to inquire about visiting.
- Veteran’s Affairs (1 North), 637-3999, Ext 3991
- Restorative Care (1 North), 637-3999, Ext 3994
- Raspberry Road (1 South), 637-3999, Ext 3151
- Blueberry Crescent (1 South), 637-3999, Ext 3993
- Gooseberry Lane (2 North), 637-3999, Ext 3921
- Gooseberry Lane (2 South), 637-3999, Ext 3922
- Bakeapple Ave (3 North), 637-3999, Ext 3932
- Bakeapple Ave (3 South), 637-3999, Ext. 3351
- Partridgeberry Place (4 North), 637-3999, Ext. 3941
- Partridgeberry Place (4 South), 637-3999, Ext. 3942
Visitor restrictions are put in place to reduce the risk of spreading infectious diseases which are common in health care facilities. They are designed to help keep patients, residents, families, staff and visitors healthy and safe.
Visitors can help reduce the spread of illness by:
• Cleaning your hands before entering the unit and after visiting your loved ones.
• Visiting only one patient/resident.
• Not visiting if you are experiencing flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms.
Western Health would like to thank the public for their co-operation during this precautionary measure.