Job Type: Full Time, Fee For Service
Internal or External: External
Post Date: 2017-01-09
Close Date: 2017-01-20
Job Category: Medical
Western Health is currently seeking the services of a permanent Ophthalmologist for Western Memorial Regional Hospital, Corner Brook, Newfoundland. The successful applicant will join our current team of 2 Ophthalmologists at the Western Ophthalmology Clinic.
Western Memorial Regional Hospital is a 217 bed regional referral centre for Western Newfoundland and provides services to a population base of approximately 78,000 people. We are affiliated with Memorial University of Newfoundland & Labrador Medical School and we encourage & support academic interests.
Eligible for registration as a qualified Ophthalmologist with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador, Eligible for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification and satisfy the credentialing requirements of Western Health’s Discipline of Surgery.
Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and medical professionals are essential.
Fee for Service basis as per the Medical Care Plan (MCP) fee schedule.
An annual Retention Bonus is offered in accordance with the current MOA.
Visit the following web sites for further information:
- City of Corner Brook: http://www.cornerbrook.com/
- Gros Morne National Park: http://www.grosmorne.com/
- Gros Morne Summer Music: http://gmsm.ca/
- Gros Morne Adventures: http://grosmorneadventures.com/
- Marble Mountain Resort: http://www.skimarble.com/
- Cycle Solutions: http://www.cyclesolutions.ca/
- Blow Me Down Crossing Country Ski Trails: http://blowmedown.ca/
- Western Sno-Riders: http://www.westernsnoriders.com/
- Theatre Newfoundland and Labrador: http://www.theatrenewfoundland.com/
Corner Brook is a vibrant and active community. Enjoy living in a fabulous setting – Exceptional downhill skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, kayaking, salmon fishing and much more on Newfoundland’s beautiful West Coast! If you are interested in this position and you are seeking a rewarding career with a high quality of life for you and your family, please respond.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume, proof of qualifications, and the names of three employment references by January 20, 2017 to:
Sarah Rousseau, Regional Physician Recruitment Manager
Medical Services Department
P.O. Box 2005
Corner Brook, NL A2H 6J7