Nephrology Services are available under the direction of a Nephrologist at three sites in Western Health: Western Memorial Regional Hospital, Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital and Dr. Charles LeGrow Health Centre.
The Renal Care Unit at Western Memorial Regional Hospital provides the following services:
Progressive Renal Insufficiency Program
Provides comprehensive education and supportive care for clients with chronic kidney disease.
- 15 station Hemodialysis Unit which provides hemodialysis for both stable and unstable clients.
- Transient Hemodialysis based on approval by the Nephrologist & availability of space.
- The hours of operation are 8 am to 10 pm Monday through Saturday with emergency standby services when the Hemodialysis Unit is closed.
Provides comprehensive education and supportive care for clients with stage five kidney disease who have chosen peritoneal dialysis as their replacement therapy.
Kidney Transplant Program
- Provides ambulatory clinic follow-up care of clients who have received transplanted kidneys.
- Performs and monitors necessary testing for clients with stage five kidney disease who request cadaver or living related kidney transplantation.
- Performs and monitors necessary testing for related /non related donors for live donor kidney transplantation.
The Hemodialysis Unit at Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital is a 5 station satellite unit that operates 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Monday to Saturday and provides service to stable clients.
The Hemodialysis Unit at Dr. Charles L. LeGrow Health Centre is a 6 station satellite unit that operates 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and provides service to stable clients.
Dr. Charles L. LeGrow Health Centre
(709) 695-2175 ext. 531
Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital
(709) 643-5111 ext. 320
Western Memorial Regional Hospital
(709) 637-5000 ext. 5396