Calder Health Care Centre
The Calder Health Care Centre is located in Burgeo and provides many of the essential health care services for the area, with 3 acute care beds. The following is a summary of the services available at the hospital:
- Medical Services (2 salaried physicians)
- Nursing Services
- Emergency Care Services (24-hour coverage)
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Services
- Recreational Therapy
- Telehealth consultation
- Physiotherapy (visiting)
- Dietitian (visiting)
- Occupational Therapy (visiting)
- Out-Patient Clinics
- Speciality Clinics (Traveling)
It is important to note that it is situated 213 km from the Western Memorial Regional Hospital in Corner Brook, which is the major acute health care site for Western Health.
Long Term Care
Calder Health Care Centre has 18 long term care beds.
Rural Medical Clinics
In addition to the Calder Health Centre, there are 3 medical clinics with Community Health Nursing and visiting Nurse Practitioner services - Ramea Medical Clinic, Francois Medical Clinic, Grey River Medical Clinic.
See contact info for Medical Clinics.
Community Based Services
Western Health also offers the following community based services to the population of the Burgeo area:
- Mental Health and Addictions
- Speech Language Pathology (located in Stephenville)
- Audiology (located in Stephenville)
- Community Health Nurses: Continuing Care Focus
- Community Health Nurses: Public Health Focus
- Community Support
- Primary Health Care Wellness Facilitator (located in Stephenville Crossing but provides service to the area)