Western Health Services in the Bay St. George Area
Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital (Stephenville)
44 acute care beds
Acute Medicine Emergency Medicine
General Surgery OBS/Gynecology clinics
Intensive Care Outpatients
Internal Medicine Anaesthetic Services
Renal Dialysis Palliative Care
Respiratory Therapy Social Work
Clinical Nutrition Physiotherapy
Occupational Therapy Diagnostic Imaging
Diabetes Education Psychiatry
It is important to note that it is situated 87 km (approximately 1 hour) from the Western Memorial Regional Hospital in Corner Brook, which is the major acute health care site for Western Health.
Western Health Psychiatry Clinic
An Outpatient Psychiatrist who also provides consultation to Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital.
Long Term Care
Bay St. George Long Term Care Centre is a 114 bed facility in Stephenville Crossing that provides nursing, dietitian, occupational therapy, and physiotherapy services to its residents. It also has a senior's adult day program and meals on wheels service. The Emile Benoit House is also located at this site and has 20 apartments in the congregate housing and 38 cottages for senior independent living.
Rural Medical Clinics
In addition to Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital, there are 7 rural medical clinics located throughout BSG:
- Jeffery's Medical Clinic, Jeffery's (1 Family Physician)
- Bay St. George Medical Clinic, Stephenville (3 Family Physicians)
- DeGrau Medical Clinic, DeGrau (1 Family Physician shared with Lourdes Clinic; 1 Nurse Practitioner shared with Lourdes Clinic).
- Lourdes Medical Clinic, Lourdes (1 Family Physician shared with DeGrau Clinic; 1 Nurse Practitioner shared with DeGrau Clinic).
- St. George's Medical Clinic, St. George's (1 Family Physician)
- Stephenville Community Clinic, Stephenville (3 Family Physicians)
- Stephenville Crossing Medical Clinic, Stephenville Crossing (2 Family Physicians)
See contact info for Medical Clinics.
Community Based Health Services
- Mental Health and Addictions (Stephenville)
- Speech Language Pathology (Stephenville)
- Audiology (Stephenville)
- Community Health Nurses: Continuing Care Focus
- Community Health Nurses: Public Health Focus
- Community Occupational Therapist
- Community Supports
- Primary Health Care
- Wellness Facilitator