The mission of Humberwood Centre is to provide quality addiction treatment services to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador.
The vision of Humberwood Centre is that people suffering from addiction will learn to lead healthy, addiction-free lives and achieve physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
- We value the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual well-being of the individual.
- We value and respect, the dignity and worth of every person.
- We value an individual's right to self-determination.
- We value ethical decision-making.
- We value practices which are grounded in research and experience.
The overall goals of the Humberwood Centre are to help individuals reduce their risk of relapse and achieve healthy, balanced lifestyles. To help clients achieve these goals the program operates from a philosophy that views the treatment of addiction from a holistic perspective. This approach addresses the individual's physical, social, psychological and spiritual health.