Doorways is a single session, walk-in counselling service:
- Available to youth and adults without an appointment or referral
- A health care professional will meet with you and discuss your concerns on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Doorways provides information and support focused on your need. Some examples of what you may want to discuss are: family, health, grief, work, relationships, stress, anxiety, depression, drinking or drug use.
Doorways is not an emergency service. In an emergency, call 911 or the Mental Health Crisis Line at 1-888-737-4668, or proceed to the nearest emergency department.
To find Doorways in your area:
- Call 811 and a Healthline nurse will provide you with a location near you.
- See Doorways section of this website
Counsellors are available to support individuals who have mental health or substance use concerns as well as family/friends who are affected. Please don’t hesitate to contact us regarding:
Alcohol and Drugs Grief and Loss
Anxiety and Stress Depression
Mental Illness Parenting
Relationships Sexual, Physical and Emotional Abuse
Gender and Identity Anger
Eating Disorders Family Issues
Fear and Phobias Gambling
Or any other concern that is affecting your mental health and wellbeing….
To find a counsellor near you:
- www.bridgethegapp.ca Service Directory
- Call 811 and a Healthline nurse will provide you with a contact number.
- See Addiction Services or Mental Health Services sections of this website.
Counselling for an Eating Disorder
See Eating Disorder Services section of this website