Long Term Care Resident and Family Advisory Council
Purpose: To provide an opportunity for individuals with lived experiences and vested interest in Long Term Care to assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating initiatives to improve the overall health and wellbeing of residents in Long Term Care.
- Provide feedback regarding the vision and strategy for Long Term Care.
- Dialogue on broad range service issues that impact the lives of people who require Long Term Care services and their support network.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement initiatives and policy development.
Membership: This council will be made up of selected resident and family/support person volunteers from each of the six Long Term Care Home Facilities and the Protective Community Residences, as well as, the Regional Director of Long Term Care and a Long Term Care Social Work representative. Resident and family/support person volunteers will be asked to serve a two year term.
Meetings: To be held four times a year, as well as, at the call of the Chair. Additionally, orientation sessions and other related educational sessions may occur as needed outside of the regularly scheduled meeting times.
Application: The deadline for application submissions is September 21, 2017. Applications will be accepted by the following methods:
- Drop off in the Administration Office at Corner Brook Long Term Care Home
- Fax to the Administration Office at Corner Brook Long Term Care Home: 1-709-637-3080: Attention of: Vanessa or Krista
- Mail to the Administration Office at Corner Brook Long Term Care Home: 40 University Drive: Corner Brook, NL, A2H 5G4: Attention of: Vanessa or Krista